Friday, March 2, 2007

Touching Base

Here's another topic I'd like to touch base on; misunderstandings.
We all have them, some of us more often than others. Sometimes they result in hurt feelings, tears, goosip/rumors, and name calling, or they can end in laughter, fun, and a stronger bond knowing your friendship/love can withstand such things. I think one thing- no matter how hard is may be, you really need to talk about it. Depending on the seriousness, this may or may not be necessary.
Talking to someone can be really easy, all you need to do is say what you really meant by whatever your comment may be. If they choose to argue/ignore you, simply tell them they never gave you time to finish. Sometimes, people don't realize it, but they jump to conclusions and stop listening. People can be like that, only hearing the bad. Our society has the tendancy to dwell on the bad things, and if one begins by saying something bad, they could stop listening hence-forth.
If you feel like there's anger boiling within you, it's just as easy to write a note as it is to talk:
Dear __________[name goes here],
Earlier this afternoon, you said somethings that __________________[how you felt]. I think this is a bit unfair, as you didn't ________[listen or understand] what I was getting at. What I really meant was ________________________________[what you really meant]
Sorry to post such a long entry, but this is sort of for Evil. Evil, I feel awful, I really do. I hope you can sort things out with your dad! Sometimes, people say things without thinking/meaning it.

By the way, Brittany, I know they can't change who you are on the inside, but what I meant was more along the lines of Changes in general.